POP Adriarico Art Residency

POP Adriarico Art Residency

Together with Casa del Cinema di Trieste, Eterotopia, MeLa Media Lab, Gangart and Adriatico Book Club we are pleased to announce this open call for a one-month artistic research residency in Trieste, from 20 May to 21 June 2024, as part of the project P O P  A D R I A T I C O – Porto Osservatorio Partecipato. Applications are open to all visual artists of any nationality, under 36 years of age. The aim of the residency is to offer the artist the space and context to develop a project. This could either be an already well developed idea or a concept starting from scratch. However, it must include the moving image as a means of expression. The project proposal should be in accordance with the themes of P O P  

A D R I A T I C O, i.e. the complex dynamics between art, territorial regeneration and citizen participation — approached with a critical eye. Furthermore, through this residency initiative, our objective is to promote the production of works by young artists and to foster future collaborations, as well as to share insights upon the local artistic context and the processes of transformation taking place in the city of Trieste, particularly the Porto Vecchio area.

The residence will provide the selected artist with:

  1. free study-accommodation for the period 

of residence;

  1. travel reimbursement (up to a maximum of €350.00);
  2. a total residence award of €1,500.00 (gross);
  3. residency tutoring.

The chosen candidate will receive 60% of the residency award (€900.00) upon signing the residency contract. The remaining 40% (€600.00) and reimbursement for travel expenses (max. €350.00) will be paid once the residency final report has been collated and consigned.

To apply you must meet the following preconditions:

  1. be under 36 years old on the application deadline date;
  2. be active as visual artists — make some use of the moving image (film or video, possibly including their application in multimedia installations) as an expressive medium;
  3. have a proficient level of English;
  4. you must be available to carry out the residency in person for the duration;
  5. you must make yourself readily available for meetings with artists, curators, critics and other relevant figures in the field of contemporary art, architecture and urban planning, according to a schedule that will be agreed upon with the project team;
  6. you undertake to produce a report, by the end of the residency period, which will be made public and chronicle your work progress, organised in the form of a presentation (with the support of the project team);
  7. a final report must be provided no later than 30 days from the end of the residency (together with travel receipts);

To apply, you must send an email to mail@adriaticobook.club, no later than the deadline for submitting your residency application (see “Dates” section). The subject heading of the e-mail should be “Residency POP Adriatico – Application”. The following documentation should be attached as PDF, and in English:

  1. CV including contact information and date of birth (max. 2 pages A4);
  2. portfolio of completed projects (max. 16 pages, max. 16 MB total), with the inclusion of links to videos and/or audio tracks, 

if necessary;

  1. a letter summarising your motivations (max. 200 words);
  2. description of the project you intend to develop during the residency (max. 500 words), possibly accompanied by images (max. 2, max 2 MB total) and/or links to videos and/or audio tracks.

Deadline: 15 March 2024

Website link: https://popadriatico.it/#home

Bookmark (0)

No account yet? Register

Event Details
Leave a Comment

Event Details