Do you work in the fields of design, textile design, architecture, visual art, literature, performing arts or on transdisciplinary projects and have a strong interest in textile production and its context? Then the innovative Artist in Residence Programme TaDA
offers you a unique opportunity to work together with renowned textile companies in Eastern Switzerland.
Each year, six candidates, coming from Switzerland and abroad, have the opportunity to work with textile companies in Eastern Switzerland, use a local studio in Arbon and extend their own individual networks over a period of three months. At the public event “TaDA Spinnerei”, which is also attended by international speakers, they can present their projects to an interested public and at the same time discuss them with experts.
The call for 2024 is now open!
Click here to download the call. / Click here for the application form.
About the open call
Particularly welcome are cultural practitioners who want to engage with questions related to the future of the textile industry and its sustainability. To take full advantage of the opportunities offered by the companies, basic technical knowledge of textile production is preferred. Projects with a strong experimental orientation are especially encouraged.
– Accommodation in Arbon (private room with shared bathroom and kitchen), few minutes walking distance from the workplace and the Bodensee
– Workplace in the former textile and engine factory Saurer AG in Arbon (3 minutes from the apartment)
– Travel expenses are covered
– Contribution to the cost of living
– Professional advice and exchange with 13 partner companies and organisations, including selected use of their infrastructure
– Individual professional support
Residency periods 2024
– April to June 2024
– September to November 2024
Onsite contact languages: English and German
1st October 2023 23:59 CEST
Applicants will be asked to complete and upload the following PDF documentation in connection with the online application form
– Online application form LINK
– Portfolio with curriculum vitae
– Project outline with clear reference to textile production in Eastern Switzerland: max. 1 A4 PDF page with at least 4 images that illustrate the idea or process (sketches, technical drawings, other visual representations).
– Click here for the application form: https://form.jotform.com/TaDAresidency/2024
Website link: TaDA – Textile and Design Alliance (tada-residency.ch)